PTF-001 Intro to Painting : Failure to Adapt is No Excuse
Get Early Bird Course Announcements Here: P2F News 2016
This Prep to Finish workshop is open to finishers of all types: painters, remodelers, woodworkers, cabinet finishers and hobbyists.
The focus is on clean, efficient and safe work methods and efficient habits through hands on tasks using the most current paint products, prep tools and sprayers in the field.
Participants will learn to “follow the paint” to better understand:
- Dustless sanding and HEPA extraction
- Abrasives, fillers and prep tool selection
- Defining the new waterborne and oil-modified technologies
- Brush selection and techniques best suited for waterborne finishes
- Why primer still counts as a coat
- Discovering the “wet edge” and keeping it
- How to build a proper three coat system using waterbornes
- Basic spraying of waterborne finishes using the most current spray technology in the field
Participants will engage in hands on training using Festool sanders and extractors, premium waterborne primers and paints and Graco spray systems.
This workshop will be available in both 1 and 2 day formats and is the “soup to nuts” for all painters, woodworkers, remodelers and hobbyists.
There are currently no dates set for this class in 2016, but be the first to know by using the link below:
About the Author (Author Profile)Scott Burt is a paint contractor, writer and paint trainer from Vermont. He writes for American Painting Contractor magazine, topcoatreview.com, bloggingpainters.com and is a featured blogger at JLCOnline.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Paint Contractor Training Workshops - Prep to Finish | December 1, 2013
- 2014 Prep to Finish Private Training Schedule | December 14, 2013